Pages

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Watermelon Lemonade

Hello summer.

I just love watermelon, so much. To me it tastes like summer, especially if it's cold from the freezer. Unfortunately, I grew up in a melon-hating household, so it wasn't something I got to eat that often. But now I'm an adult (apparently) and do what I want.

I made this lemonade to go with brunch this past weekend, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that it was the perfect accompaniment. If you're into it, you could probably add some champagne and make brunch more fun. Actually, sweet tea probably wouldn't hurt this at all either.

It tastes like summer in a glass, friends. I highly recommend making it, pouring it over ice, and sitting on your front porch sipping it with a colorful straw. If you have a front porch, that is. Otherwise, drink it at brunch with your favorite people who love bacon.


Watermelon Lemonade
Ingredients
1/2 cup lemon juice (for me this was 4 lemons)
1/3 cup sugar
4 cups warm water
1/5 of a large watermelon, cut into chunks
  1. Combine the lemon juice and sugar in a pitcher. Stir.
  2. Add the water and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
  3. Place the melon chunks in a blender and puree until smooth. Add to pitcher and stir.
  4. Refrigerate until cold and serve over ice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment