|Oh my gosh you guys.|
|Yes, this is going into the potatoes.|
Um, yeah. I'm in love with them. Basically, it's fall now, so you can brace yourself for
|Best friends that cook together stay together.|
2 sweet potatoes
4 tbsp butter, softened
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup pecans, chopped (or at least broken up)
- Poke holes into the potatoes with a fork, then bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour (depending on how big they are).
- Allow the potatoes to cool slightly until they are still warm but you can handle them.
- Slice each potato down the middle, but not all the way through. You want to keep the "shells" intact.
- Scoop out the "meat" of each potato into a bowl, mash with a fork.
- Add half the butter, all of the maple syrup and 2 tsps of the cinnamon. Mash together.
- Carefully spoon the potato mixture back into the little potato shells.
- Melt the remaining butter and combine with the brown sugar and remaining cinnamon. Add mixture to each potato.
- Top with as many marshmallows as your heart desires.
- Turn on the broiler and put the potatoes back into the oven until the marshmallows get nicely browned. This takes about a minute, but it goes quickly, so you should just turn the oven light on and watch it happen.