Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2015

EPCOT Food & Wine

Hawaiian Kahlua Pulled Pork & Pineapple Chutney 
So. A couple weekends ago I did something y'all might think is a little weird. I went to EPCOT's Food & Wine Festival all. by. myself. And it was GLORIOUS. Yes, going to a theme park alone is sort of unusual, but so few of my friends have Disney tickets and the ones that did were busy. So I took myself on a little date to Disney, because the way I look at it is this: if you want someone to fall in love with you, you take them on dates. I'd like to fall in love with me, hence the date. Beautiful.

Anyway. I love this event. I'm not 21 and I don't drink, so for me it's just a food festival, but goodness, the food they serve is great. Pricey? Yes. But so worth it. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of everything I ate, but that would probably get boring anyway.

My favorite kiosk was definitely China. They had a beef slider that was fantastic.


The weird little dessert you see above was probably my favorite thing I ate all day. It's a chocolate truffle frozen in liquid nitrogen(!) and topped with caramel. It had an amazingly silky texture (think a really good chocolate mousse), and I was just so intrigued by the idea of eating food prepared with liquid nitrogen. Like, I've used that stuff in labs, but never in the kitchen.


This soup is an oldie but a goodie. It's Canadian cheese soup and I've eaten and even made it so many times, but I'd been craving it, so I bought some. Also, never fear, that little cup was filled to the brim at first, I just didn't snap a pic until I was half done.

Overall, let me just say this: Food & Wine is expensive and crowded, but in my opinion, it's a fantastic way to spend a day. Although I loved my solo time, I would recommend bringing a buddy so you can try twice as much food. Unfortunately, it ended last weekend, but honestly, it gets better every year. Start planning your trip now.

No comments:

Post a Comment