Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Chili


I'm baaaack! Sorry for disappearing like that, I was briefly swallowed up by exams. But now I'm back with a pot full of chilly weather (well, not if you live in Florida, good Lord) love.

When I make chili, I sort of just throw stuff into a pot until it looks or tastes right. I also like my chili garlicky and spicy. You can dial back either one and it should still be a good bowl of chili.


I served this with garlic bread because who doesn't like garlic bread? You can find the recipe in my very first post. Such a good combination. Love.

Also recommended: watch Hannibal while you eat this. That's what I did and it was a great decision.

Chili
Ingredients
1 yellow onion, diced
3 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1.5 lbs ground beef
3 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
1/8 tsp red pepper
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 can diced tomatoes (the bigger can, 24 oz)

  1. Add the onion to the pot with the oil. Cook for about 4 minutes. Add the garlic, cook another minute.
  2. Add the ground beef, stirring to break it up into pieces.
  3. When the meat is browned completely, add the beans and tomatoes. Stir.
  4. Simmer over medium heat for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment