Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Smore Stuffed Baked Apples


Oh my gosh you guys. These apples. I can't even tell you how good they are. These are baked apples filled with buttery graham cracker crumbs, dark chocolate, and topped with toasted marshmallows, whipped cream and vanilla ice cream. Wowwwww. Love.



And I mean, they're made of apple, so they're healthy, right? I feel like they count. You agree? Okay, perfect. This is why we're friends.


The gooey marshmallows. I can't.
Also, does anyone else have a weird obsession with Diners Drive-ins and Dives? Because, um....I sort of do. Not because of Guy Fieri, because, well, he's....not my fave. But the concept of the show? 10/10.



Guys, make these. These are the type of dessert you make for other people. That's what I did. Share it. Love it. Let's be honest, you're probably only going to eat half of one anyway. They're really rich. But wow.



S'more Baked Apples
Ingredients
6 big apples (I used Fuji)
8 graham crackers
1 stick salted butter, melted
1 bar dark chocolate (I used Hershey's because yum)
9 jumbo marshmallows, cut in half horizontally
whipped cream
vanilla ice cream
caramel sauce
chocolate syrup
  1. Core each apple. I did this by carefully cutting a circle around the stem, then spooning out the rest of the core, leaving the bottom of each apple intact.
  2. Crush the graham crackers into a fine crumb, resembling sand but a few bigger crumbles are okay. Stir in the melted butter. Spoon into each apple, filling about halfway.
  3. Add a few squares of chocolate to each apple, so there is only a little room at the top.
  4. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
  5. Take the apples out of the oven and top each with three marshmallow halves. Put under the broiler for about 2 minutes, keeping an eye on the marshmallows so they don't burn.
  6. Remove from the oven, and while warm top with whipped cream and vanilla ice cream to taste. Drizzle with the caramel and chocolate syrup. Sprinkle on any extra graham cracker filling and chopped extra chocolate. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment