Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Buffalo Chicken Nachos

This happened. Nachos. Praise.


Basically, 90% of my recipe ideas lately involve re-imagining foods as other food. For example, here we have chicken wings masquerading as nachos. It's a great disguise.



Does going to the grocery store make anyone else feel, like, really adult? It just makes me feel so much like I have my life together. It's great. But then, also, having a fridge full of leftovers and no ingredients makes me weirdly happy? Like productive, I guess. It's like, hey, look, I cooked all my stuff, now I have food that's actually prepared. Go me.

Anyway, these nachos are a product of my habit of taking over others' kitchens. It's fun.

Buffalo Chicken Nachos
Ingredients
about 2/3 a bag of tortilla chips
1 lb chicken (I used the little tenders that Publix sells so they'd cook quicker)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
3 tbsp margarine
9 tbsp hot sauce (I used Crystal, which I know isn't technically buffalo.....)
8 oz cream cheese
3 tbsp sour cream
1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
3 green onions, chopped
ranch dressing

  1. Mix together the seasonings, then sprinkle on both sides of the chicken. Add the chicken to a pan over medium heat, then cook, flipping once, until white all the way through. With the tenders it took about 3 minutes per side. 
  2. Chop the chicken while still warm, then add to a bowl with the margarine and 4 tbsp of the hot sauce. Stir together until the chicken is coated.
  3. In a separate bowl, add the cream cheese, sour cream, and remaining hot sauce. Blend using a hand mixer until homogeneous.
  4. Spread the chips out on a baking sheet. Drop the cream cheese mixture on the chips, spreading it as best you can. Scatter the chicken and cheese on top.
  5. Place nachos in the oven under the broiler for a couple minutes. Keep an eye on it. You just want the cheese to melt, don't let the chips burn.
  6. Drizzle the ranch on top and scatter the green onions. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment