Hi friends. I made us salad. With CROUTONS.
Homemade croutons are a thing you need in your life. You'll be shocked by how easy they are and how good they are. They make every salad so much better. Like, I don't think you understand how awesome salads you make at home have the potential to be.
Believe in your salads. They love you. You should love them. Love yourself. Make your own croutons. Homemade salad dressing is doable too. If I can make it happen, so can you. Come over and eat this salad with me. I know it's not quite comfort food, but the croutons bring it pretty close. Trust me.
BLT Salads with Chicken
4 cups butter lettuce
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 tomato, diced
1 ear of corn, cut off the cob
1 lb chicken (I like to use the tenderloins)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
garlic bread croutons
1 cup sourdough, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp garlic, minced
- Add all the vegetables for the salad to a large bowl.
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then add to a pan over medium heat. Cook about 4 minutes per side, until white all the way through. Remove from heat, let cool, then chop and add to the bowl with the veggies.
- For the dressing, stir together the yogurt, mustard, garlic, cheese, and vinegar.
- Whisking continuously, add the oil to the dressing in a steady stream. Whisk until smooth.
- For the croutons, add the bread cubes to a baking sheet. Drizzle oil over top and sprinkle on the garlic. Toss to coat thoroughly.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, then toss to flip and cook another 5 minutes, until golden and toasty.
- Combine in the desired ratio and enjoy!