Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

South of the Border Hummus


I love hummus. I love the stuff out of the container. The plain, the roasted garlic, the lemon. I love it on crackers, on tortilla chips, with veggies, with chicken, on potato chips (is that weird?). I just love it.



So, of course, I topped it with veggies and beans and other things that reminded me of southwest-y flavors. You get it, right? That's how our friendship works. I make (sometimes weird) stuff. You look at it. You don't judge me. It's perfect.

South of Border Hummus
Ingredients
2 cans chickpeas
juice of 1 lime
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 avocado
1/2 tsp salt
1 tomato, diced
1 ear of corn, removed from the cob
1/4 cup black beans
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

  1. Using a food processor, blend together the chickpeas, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and avocado until smooth. You may need slightly more oil.
  2. Add the hummus to the bowl, or whatever serving vehicle you plan on using. Top with the tomato, corn, black beans, and cilantro. Enjoy with chips or crackers or anything else you want!

2 comments: