Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Ombre Smoothie Stacks

Look, I have friends! 
I feel like a lot of my recent posts have started with me talking about how excited I am for summer. This one won't be an exception. It's still summer, this recipe is summery, and I'm still excited. So there. Happy summer. Enjoy a colorful smoothie stack.


Fun thing about this: I made it in Infinity Hall at UF, the lack of kitchen can't stop me. All you need is a blender, lovelies. A freezer helps get a pretty stack but it isn't required. We give you ice, which is a pretty key ingredient. You can handle this recipe, even if you live in the land of no kitchens. You know you wanted to buy a blender anyway (or even one of those cool Magic Bullet things).


Speaking of UF....I'm starting my senior year (or maybe it's already started, summer semester is confusing). WHAT? I honestly still have days where I wake up and have to remind myself that this is COLLEGE. It's weird because I don't feel adult or anything and I definitely thought that would've happened by now. But instead I'm just here, living my life. Maybe when it ends, I'll suddenly understand? But guys, I still feel 17 and I still feel just as much awe that I'm actually in COLLEGE. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Ombre Smoothie Stacks
Ingredients
honeydew layer
2 cups honeydew, cut into chunks
8 oz vanilla yogurt (I used low fat)
1 cup ice

pineapple layer
2 cups pineapple chunks
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup ice

watermelon layer
1 cup watermelon chunks
1 cup ice
  1. Blend each layer individually, starting with the honeydew.
  2. Pour into glasses and freeze as you make each additional layer. When you pour the upper layers, be careful, but when they mix a little you'll get to see the ombre, so don't stress too much. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment