Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Birthday Cake Popcorn


Colors. Sweetness. Salt. Chocolate. Joy. In my opinion, these are all lovely things best served with sprinkles. Is that a weird thing to say? Probably. I'm gonna roll with it. But anyway, all those words can describe this popcorn too. It's a fun one. It's cutesy. 


I made this one night to eat while watching How to Get Away with Murder. If you watch it, please come talk to me because I have a lot of feelings about it. I finished both seasons in about a week and a half. So good. And wow, Viola Davis. I totally understand why she got an Emmy. So much raw emotion. This recipe is sunny and happy to offset the darkness and sadness in the show. It works out.


Birthday Cake Popcorn
Ingredients
6 cups freshly popped popcorn (you can use microwave or pop it yourself)
1 stick salted butter, melted
8 oz. white chocolate
1/3 cup yellow cake mix
1/2 cup M&Ms
sprinkles
  1. Toss the popcorn with the butter and salt to taste. Spread on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Melt the chocolate carefully, either in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water, or in a microwave.
  3. Once chocolate is melted and smooth, stir in the cake mix.
  4. Pour cake mix over the popcorn and sprinkle with M&Ms and sprinkles.
  5. Let cool and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment