Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Bruschetta

So. Let's talk about High School Musical


There was the ten year reunion recently, which I didn't watch for whatever reason. But I mean, Zac didn't even show up, so how was that going to be worth my time?

That being said.....it's junior year of college, and as I write this it's a Sunday morning, and my best friend and I are sitting on the couch watching High School Musical. I have no regrets. This movie is a work of ART.


Let me just say, this movie has so many weird little quirks. For example, WHY DON'T THEY HAVE BACKPACKS?! It is their junior year of high school and you NEED actual supplies during junior year of high school. WHY IS THERE A COMPLEX SUMMATION ON THE CHALKBOARD?! That nonsense is stuff I learned to solve in Calc 2 at the University of Florida, not a little high school in Albuquerque. More importantly, why is there a larger-than-life poster of Troy? Also, their theatre department is hella well-funded even though they have an award winning sports team. That doesn't happen in real life.


The characters and one-liners in this movie are GOLD. Like, freaking Jason with his oblivious "how was your break, Ms. Darbus?" I can't. Also, Troy has a random line about pink jelly which I'm still confused by. There's also Ryan with his flagrant gayness that none of us managed to pick up on when we were ten years old. Ms. Darbus with her anti-cell phone tirades. Beautiful.

Anyways. High School Musical is great. Eat this bruschetta while you watch it with your friends.

Bruschetta
Ingredients
1 loaf Italian bread (or French or Cuban)
3 tomatoes on the vine
1/4 red onion, chopped
2 tsp garlic, minced
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt
2 tbsp olive oil

  1. Chop the tomatoes into half-inch chunks. Salt liberally and add to a bowl.
  2. Add onion and garlic, then gently toss with the vinegar. Let sit, preferably in the fridge.
  3. Slice the bread into inch-thick pieces, then drizzle with the olive oil. Toast in a toaster oven or under the broiler. This goes fast (only a couple minutes), keep an eye on it!
  4. When bread is toasted, let it cool. Spoon tomato mixture on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment