Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Lobster Mac n Cheese


This dish makes me feel....classy. Because lobster. Even though I added beer. Which isn't classy. But lobster. Yum.

Actually, honestly, I probably like shrimp better? I don't know. I like the taste of lobster better, but the texture of lobster is usually a little weird. Like rubbery, kind of. Or maybe I'm just not getting good lobster. I don't know. I'll work on it and report back to you.



Also, this isn't technically macaroni and cheese. I used shells instead. Because it's lobster. You'll get that on the drive home. Anyway. It's good, I promise.

Lobster Mac n Cheese
Ingredients
1 lb shells
2 lobster tails
2 + 4 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
1 cup dark beer
1 cup whole milk
1 lb white cheddar (I used extra sharp), shredded
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs

  1. Cook the shells to al dente, according to package directions.
  2. Melt the 2 tbsp of butter in a pan over medium heat. Sear the lobster tails on both sides, then reduce heat to medium low and continue to cook for 4 minutes, until white all the way through. Chop the lobster and let cool.
  3. Melt the remaining butter in a pot over medium low heat. Stir in the flour, stirring constantly until golden.
  4. Add beer and milk, stirring until smooth. Bring to a simmer and add cheese, stirring until melted.
  5. Add lobster. Pour into a casserole dish, top with bread crumbs.
  6. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, until bread crumbs are golden. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment