Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Breakfast Burgers


So, here we have breakfast burgers. Are we eating burgers for breakfast? Um, you can, but that's not the goal here. It's just burgers with breakfast inspired toppings.


Oh yeah, I also made an egg in the middle of a burger. Highly recommend. 

I'm sort of in love with brunch right now, which was probably the catalyst behind these burgers. But like, name one bad thing about brunch. You can't. It's a lazy weekend meal, with some of the best food. I love breakfast food, but I'm so rarely ready to eat right when I wake up. Hence my love for a later breakfast meal, which often includes more substantial food. Wow.


Be my friend so we can have brunch together. I'll cook if you clean.

Breakfast Burgers
Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
4 eggs (or one per burger, but I made 4)
8 pieces of bacon, cooked
4 ciabatta rolls
salt

maple mustard
3 tbsp Dijon mustard (with the specks)
2 tbsp maple syrup (or other syrup)

  1. Make the maple mustard by stirring together both ingredients until smooth.
  2. Shape the patties, carefully removing a circle from the center of each, large enough to hold an egg. This will require you to make the patties bigger than you probably would normally.
  3. Add the patty to the pan, over medium heat. Crack an egg into the hole, then salt to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes on the first side, flip carefully, then cook another 3 minutes.
  4. Toast buns lightly, then butter each side.
  5. Add the burgers to the buns, then top with bacon and maple mustard. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment