So, here we have breakfast burgers. Are we eating burgers for breakfast? Um, you can, but that's not the goal here. It's just burgers with breakfast inspired toppings.
Oh yeah, I also made an egg in the middle of a burger. Highly recommend.
I'm sort of in love with brunch right now, which was probably the catalyst behind these burgers. But like, name one bad thing about brunch. You can't. It's a lazy weekend meal, with some of the best food. I love breakfast food, but I'm so rarely ready to eat right when I wake up. Hence my love for a later breakfast meal, which often includes more substantial food. Wow.
Be my friend so we can have brunch together. I'll cook if you clean.
1 lb ground beef
4 eggs (or one per burger, but I made 4)
8 pieces of bacon, cooked
4 ciabatta rolls
3 tbsp Dijon mustard (with the specks)
2 tbsp maple syrup (or other syrup)
- Make the maple mustard by stirring together both ingredients until smooth.
- Shape the patties, carefully removing a circle from the center of each, large enough to hold an egg. This will require you to make the patties bigger than you probably would normally.
- Add the patty to the pan, over medium heat. Crack an egg into the hole, then salt to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes on the first side, flip carefully, then cook another 3 minutes.
- Toast buns lightly, then butter each side.
- Add the burgers to the buns, then top with bacon and maple mustard. Enjoy!