Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Potato Bacon Leek Pizza


Um, this is pretty much a carb fest. Oops. But it has bacon, which is protein, so maybe it cancels out a little? I like to tell myself it does.

Is anyone else like super-attached to the music they loved in middle and high school? Like, maybe you recognize that it's not all that good, and overly angsty (I'm looking at you, Evanescence), but you listen to it still sometimes because um, you still love it a lot? That's not just me. I know it.

Orrr, maybe you're hella attached to the angsty, angry, emo pop you loved (who am I kidding, I still love this stuff) when you were like 14? I mean, as I write this, I'm alternating listening to Taking Back Sunday and Fall Out Boy. Angst? Yes, please. Bring it on.

Does this middle school music nostalgia bridge ages and generations? Like, am I just obsessed with this music still because I was 14 only 5 years ago? Or am I going to love Evanescence and All Time Low just as much when I'm 32? Tbh, I sorta hope I still love them.

Potato Bacon Leek Pizza
Ingredients
Pizza dough (I'm a fan of the ones Publix sells in the bakery)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp garlic, minced
2 red potatoes, thinly sliced (you might need slightly more or less depending on potato size)
1 leek, thinly sliced
6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded

  1. Stretch the dough into shape. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle on the garlic.
  2. Layer the leeks, then potatoes. Keep the potatoes in a single layer to make sure they actually cook.
  3. Sprinkle on the bacon and cheese.
  4. Bake at 350 for 18 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden and potatoes are starting to crisp and brown. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment