Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Skillet Monkey Bread


Um, hi. Carb Fest 2k16 continues. Welcome to Kimmie's Kitchen. But LOOK AT THIS STUFF.



Yeah. So, now that I've got your attention, let's talk about life. I've recently rediscovered my love for the humanities. No, I'm not saying I suddenly love people. I LOVE literature. And linguistics. And poetry. And theatre. AND PSYCHOLOGY (which isn't actually one of the humanities, but shhhh).



I don't know how I managed to convince myself that I just wanted to take science classes all through college. I was sitting in the library the other night, studying for Developmental Psych, when all the sudden I just really wanted to read some poetry. And analyze it. Take me back to AP Lit, I guess? I don't know. We've read some poetry for my Spanish Composition class, and I think that's helped to reawaken my love.



So, the next day I marched myself back to the library (post exam) and checked out Sylvia Plath's complete poetry. And The Bell Jar. And Jane Eyre. And y'all, I'm reading Jane Eyre right now, and I'm loving it. Just getting closer to being the pretentious literature nerd I am deep down inside. Living the dream.

Skillet Monkey Bread
Ingredients
1 stick butter (I prefer salted)
1/3 cup brown sugar
5 cans refrigerated biscuits
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

glaze
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

  1. Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add brown sugar and stir until they melt together. Remove from heat.
  2. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Cut each biscuit into quarters, then roll each piece into a bowl and roll in cinnamon sugar until coated. Add to pan.
  3. Continue until pan is full, then cover loosely with tin foil. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, remove foil, then bake for another 15.
  4. Stir together glaze ingredients. Dip the baked bread in it. Yum!
    That's a BUTTER RIVER down the middle, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment