Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Artichoke Heart Sammiches


Inspiration for this recipe comes from an episode of Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. It was originally made by a vegan cafe, but I can't leave well enough alone, so I added bacon.


Sorry. Except I'm not. At all.



I really love sandwiches. Except in my head, they're called sammiches, because that part of my brain is perpetually like 5 years old. But I digress. I love complicated, exciting sammiches, like the ones you see recipes for online. I don't know why I get so excited about them, but I do.


Also, toasted bread. I'm currently in love with buying the nice, bakery bread from Publix. It's so good. It goes bad faster than I wish it did, because I don't eat a ton of bread on a daily basis, but wow. It's surprising how yummy bread with butter or, better yet, toast with butter, can be. I also adore toasting bread in a skillet or pan instead of a toaster.

Artichoke Heart Sammiches
Ingredients
2-12 oz. jars of artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
1/4 cup mayonnaise
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp garlic, minced
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
2 thick slices of bread (I used sourdough), toasted

  1. Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl, stirring gently.
  2. Add a generous amount to the toast, you know how to make a sandwich. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment