Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Chicken Tacos


Taco night is a thing around here about once a week, as is guac. I usually make beef ones, with the little seasoning packets from Publix, but it's just as easy to make your own seasoning, and chicken is a nice change at times.

This smells so good OMG.
This recipe starts, as all good recipes do should, by sauteeing onions. It's the best way to start anything and I love it. 

Does raw meat freak you out? I understand.
I made a lot of chicken, so feel free to scale this one down, or feed your roommates. Make them do dishes, though. Tell them I said so. It's what I do. If I was you, I'd serve this one with this guac and lots of salsa. I was out of salsa when I made this, so that didn't happen.

Anyway, happy taco-ing!


Chicken Tacos
Ingredients
1/4 cup red onion, roughly chopped
1.5 lbs chicken breasts, cut in half inch cubes
4 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable oil, it's your call)
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
tortillas, guac, salsa, and anything else you need to make tacos awesome


  1. Saute the onion in 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat until it's soft.
  2. While this is happening, toss the chicken cubes with the remaining oil and all of the spices. I used my hands, but you can use a spoon if raw meat bothers you.
  3. Add the chicken to the pan, and cook it, stirring occasionally, until it is white all the way through.
  4. Remove the chicken from the heat and serve it however you want. On tacos, in quesadillas, in burrito bowls, plain, in lettuce wraps, on salad, etc. The possibilities are endless.


I ate mine on tacos with guac, which is not particularly appetizing. It's yummy, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment