Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Curried Chicken Salad

I'm going to apologize in advance for the lack of pictures in this post. If we're all being honest here, chicken salad is not a photogenic recipe. However, what it lacks in aesthetic, it makes up for in flavor.


Chicken salad is sort of great. It's quick and easy, but also can be really tasty. I make it like once a week. Or more. Or everyday. Don't judge.

I use canned chicken because it's easy and cheap. You can buy a rotisserie chicken if you want to, but that's just not my style right now. Hello, college.

Don't let the curry in this recipe freak you out, it adds a unique spice and flavor. It also lends itself well to grapes, raisins, or apples, if any of those appeal to you, but I'm not really a fan of fruit in my chicken salad. As always, make it your own.


I ate it off of croissants because they make me feel classy. I also made two sandwiches because I bought the little baby croissants from Publix and I'm a hungry girl. Also, two sandwiches look better when you're taking pictures for your invisible internet friends. I've eaten this stuff on everything from lettuce to chips though, so, you do you.


Curried Chicken Salad
Ingredients
1 can chicken (I like the white meat stuff)
2 tbsp mayo
1 stalk celery, chopped
roughly the same amount onion, chopped (I think it's like 1/8 cup or some weird amount like that)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp garlic powder (or about 1/8 tsp of fresh minced garlic but I was out)
1/4 tsp curry powder
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped

  1. Combine all ingredients and smush together.
  2. Serve on croissants, bread, chips, tomato, lettuce.....whatever your heart desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment