After two or three weeks of sweet food, I finally have something savory, something light, something healthy. Look, veggies and fruits. Omega 3s. Protein. Hooray.
Speaking of which, does anyone else like the movie Remember Me? It's Robert Pattinson playing a character that doesn't sparkle, and I really like him. And the movie. It's sad though. And for whatever reason, I watch it even though I've seen it, and I just hope for a different ending. And eat candy. And cry.
Bottom line? This salad is really good. Maybe not comfort-you-when-you-cry good. But it's good.
1 salmon filet (I think mine was like 6 oz.? they sell them at the Publix counter)
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp maple syrup
2/3 pear, sliced thin
3 handfuls spring mix (the lettuce stuff)
1/8 cup quinoa (not really necessary, but I like it a lot)
3 tbsp red onion
salt and pepper
- Rub the mustard and syrup onto either side of the salmon.
- Transfer the salmon to a pan over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes on the first side. Flip, then cook for about 4 minutes on the other.
- Dice the cooked salmon, and add to a plate with the spring mix, pear, and quinoa.
- Add the red onion to the pan (don't clean it between this and the salmon). Cook for about 3 minutes, until soft. Add to the salad.
- Salt and pepper the salad and add dressing to taste. Enjoy!