Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

I'm-Not-Good-At-Naming-Things-Don't-Ask-Me Hummus

The name for this post came from my former roommate, who, when I asked her what to name this hummus responded with, "I don't know. It's delicious, but I'm not good at naming things. Don't ask me." So that's the name.


This recipe is also super exciting because it's the first recipe I've made in my dorm kitchen. Also, I know these pictures aren't the prettiest, but lighting isn't great in here, so bear with me. This recipe is also the first one on the blog that's vegetarian AND vegan. So exciting.

Taking pics on the water fountain because that's where the light is
I made this hummus in a blender, which takes awhile, so if you have a food processor, that's probably the better idea. However, I feel like most college students are more likely to have a blender? Anyway, it's totally doable. So is cooking in college, even in a dorm. You've got this.

Tomatoes!!!
I made a pretty normal hummus and then topped it with tomatoes and green onions because 1) yum. and 2) pretty! and 3) summer.


Nameless Hummus
Ingredients
2 cans chick peas
2/3 cup olive oil (I also think sesame oil would be really good if you feel like spending that much money on oil)
juice of one lemon
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
1/2 tbsp garlic, minced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup green onions, chopped

  1. Blend together the chick peas, olive oil, and lemon juice. You're probably going to need to stir around a few times, especially if you're using a blender. When it's smooth, you're done, but it might take a little while.
  2. Pour into a bowl, then add the salt, pepper, and garlic. Stir/mash around.
  3. Sprinkle tomatoes and green onions on top. Serve with pita chips or whatever else you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment