Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Shirley Temple Floats

LOOK WHAT I MADE!!!

Beautiful
These floats are exactly what you need in your life. Drink them to celebrate a high test score. Drink them to soothe the pain of having to run home in pouring rain (this happened). Share them with friends or keep them for yourself. They're delightfully pretty and colorful and sweet and creamy.



I found this grenadine in Target. Target is, of course, one of my favorite places, but it doesn't exactly rush to mind when I consider places to find fun new ingredients. That being said, I was in there a few weeks ago and grabbed this on a whim, sure I could figure out what to do with it. Shirley Temples are sort of the obvious thing, but I decided to play with them a little(!).

These are quite a sugar rush, but I'm a fan of that. Adjust the amount of grenadine according to the strength of your sweet tooth.


Pretty in Pink Floats
Ingredients
1 can lemon-lime soda (I used Sprite Zero because it's what I had, but you can do whatever you want)
1-2 oz. cherry grenadine (I used just under 2 oz. It's a very strong, very sweet flavor. You can use less if you aren't as crazy as I am)
1 tbsp. lime juice
1/2 cup vanilla ice cream (I let it soften for about one episode of Friends because I wanted it a little melty)


  1. Pour the soda into a measuring cup, then gently add the grenadine.
  2. Add lime juice to the soda mixture.
  3. Add a couple spoonfuls of ice cream to the bottom of a glass.
  4. Gently pour soda into glass.
  5. Add a scoop of ice cream to the top. You may have a little extra soda, so make a baby float or just drink it plain.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment