I found this grenadine in Target. Target is, of course, one of my favorite places, but it doesn't exactly rush to mind when I consider places to find fun new ingredients. That being said, I was in there a few weeks ago and grabbed this on a whim, sure I could figure out what to do with it. Shirley Temples are sort of the obvious thing, but I decided to play with them a little(!).
These are quite a sugar rush, but I'm a fan of that. Adjust the amount of grenadine according to the strength of your sweet tooth.
Pretty in Pink Floats
1 can lemon-lime soda (I used Sprite Zero because it's what I had, but you can do whatever you want)
1-2 oz. cherry grenadine (I used just under 2 oz. It's a very strong, very sweet flavor. You can use less if you aren't as crazy as I am)
1 tbsp. lime juice
1/2 cup vanilla ice cream (I let it soften for about one episode of Friends because I wanted it a little melty)
- Pour the soda into a measuring cup, then gently add the grenadine.
- Add lime juice to the soda mixture.
- Add a couple spoonfuls of ice cream to the bottom of a glass.
- Gently pour soda into glass.
- Add a scoop of ice cream to the top. You may have a little extra soda, so make a baby float or just drink it plain.