White pizza is sort of one of my favorite things, but I hadn't made it from scratch until now. It's garlicky and savory and wow so good. The arugula pushes it over the edge. It's peppery and I topped it with lemon and olive oil for a tangy twist.
|Already looking awesome|
I made my pizza with the dough they sell at Publix. If you want to make it homemade, you can, of course, but I didn't have the time or a rolling pin. I also didn't have a pizza pan, so instead we're having a weird oblong oval pizza. You end up with oddly shaped slices, but oh well.
1 pizza dough
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp garlic, minced
1/2 cup ricotta
1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan, shredded
1/2 cup arugula
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
- Stretch the dough to fit the pan. It should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Drizzle about 2 tbsp of the oil on the dough. Add 2 tbsp of the garlic.
- Spread the ricotta onto the dough.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top, then add half the Parmesan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, add the remaining garlic and Parmesan.
- Cool slightly, then add the arugula to the warm pizza.
- Drizzle lemon juice and oil onto arugula, and add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!