I realized that I hadn't posted a breakfast recipe yet. To make up for that momentary lapse, I made you this. It's a sandwich that will make your life better.
French Toast Breakfast Sandwiches
2 1-inch thick slices of day-old challah bread (or French, or any other sturdy bread)
3 tbsp milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp Dijon mustard (with the specks, aka stone-ground)
1 tbsp maple syrup
3 slices bacon, fried
- Whisk together two of the eggs, the milk, and the cinnamon. Place the bread slices in the mixture.
- After two minutes, flip the slices, allow to soak for another two minutes.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add butter. Cook the toast for two minutes per side, until brown and crisp on either side.
- Combine the mustard and syrup. Drizzle as much as is desired onto one or both slices of toast.
- Cook the egg however you like; I fried mine over medium. Add the egg to the sandwich, then top with the other piece of toast.
- Slice in half and enjoy.