Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Burgers


Aaaaaand we're rounding out summer time with a nice classic. I wasn't planning on putting normal, run-of-the-mill burgers on the blog, but after talking to some friends I realized that apparently a lot of college students don't know how to make them? So I just would like you all to realize that these aren't that hard to make and also are cheaper and yummier than the weirdly circular ones you get out of the freezer.

A lot of people, like Bobby Flay, HATE stuff like chopped onion or whatever in their burgers. But I don't like Bobby Flay and I do like stuff in my burgers. It adds so much flavor and texture. You deserve it.

Burgers
Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup onion, chopped
2 tbsp garlic, minced
salt and pepper
buns and any condiments you want

  1. Combine all ingredients. I just sort of smash it all together with my hands.
  2. Shape patties. You can just sort of mush together the meat into ovals and make a little well in the center so the patties stay flat during cooking.
  3. Put into a skillet over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes on one side, allowing a crust to form. Flip, cook for 3 minutes on the other side. I like my burgers cooked to medium well, and that's what these times are for. Cook more or less depending on your preferences.
  4. Serve with buns and toppings of choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment